To provide all clients with quality, professional services at affordable rates, providing a sliding scale based on the ability to pay. We strive for excellence through innovation, focus, efficiency, and the willingness to take action to achieve goals.
Our services are offered with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. Our staff are equipped with the essential practical and theoretical knowledge ensuring client satisfaction. We aim to provide our clients with accessible and up-to-date resources and opportunities for growth and achievement.
At the heart of our work, we believe in lifelong learning and consistent upgrading of our skills and education through professional development.
Qualifications for Counsellors:
We are excited to employ counsellors who exemplify and honor human services to the professional degree that they do. Our staff are highly valued and appreciated.
Our counsellors are required to possess the following credentials:
Our code of Ethics:
1. We respect the confidentiality of all clients, individuals, and families.
2. We treat our clients with dignity and respect their unique differences in culture, religion, race, and sexual orientation.
3. We are advocates for the safety and rights of our clients with respect to municipal, provincial, and federal laws.
4. We do not condone sexual involvement with clients.
5. We only enter into contracts which allow us to maintain our professional integrity.
6. We cooperate and liaise with other professionals and agencies which offer services to our clients.
7. We recognize and utilize empirical methods and techniques that provide current and up-to-date service for our clients.
8. We promote client autonomy and increased self-esteem.
9. We are committed to ongoing professional development through training, volunteerism, and research.
10. We conduct ourselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
(Adapted from the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Counsellors Code of Ethics.)
© 2011 Niagara Counselling. All rights reserved.